MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The new guard at the south gate

Probably anyone using the south gate has noticed our new "guard." He is very unafraid of cars. I have noticed him many times and last Sunday when I left about 8:30 a.m. there he was again, standing between the in and out lanes outside the gates watching the cars. I stopped, rolled down my window, and waved my hand to him about four feet away. He continued his guard duties. I think I am going to find out what he should be fed and start keeping a little feed in the car to toss to him when he is there. I wonder if others are doing that already. Why else would he love the spot so? When I came back in the same gate later there he was, next to Dawson Lake Road, shaking his feathers to get the rain off. Send me an email with suggested names and I will draw one at random. Our new guard has to have a name. By the way, this is not my picture, but one blatantly stolen when Jim Mcquinn posted it on Facebook.    
Ken Dillenburg