MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

“It’snow use!”


I hope all of you are safe out there. I have never seen drifts like I am seeing today. Our patio on the side of our house facing the lake has drifts shoulder high. I don’t see how some of this can be shoveled out. We are being told to stay off the roads and I intend to do just that.

A couple related worries I have are how will this snow depth effect the fish population in our lake? Will there be a fish kill with no light for an extended period? How about when this melts? I hope it is a very slow melt or we will have flooding problems with the runoff from the surrounding fields as well as from our own property. Even silt could become a problem running into our just dredged lake fingers.

I guess we should count our blessings that we are warm in our homes with no power outages I know of in Candlewick. Hang in there, only a month until March!

Ken Dillenburg