MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Monday, January 17, 2011

So what does it all mean?



I read with sadness today that Steve Jobs has taken a leave of absence from his leadership at Apple to concentrate on his health. Steve Jobs is Apple. His leadership has turned his company into a behemoth that could soon have the largest total stock value of any company in the world. You may know he had pancreatic cancer surgery a few years ago as well as a liver transplant in 2009. He is a great businessman.

So why would I bring this up on our site? Yesterday’s post about friends really made me think. As it indicated, money, influence, power, all the things that can seem so important really take a back seat to faith, family, friends, and health. Do you think Steve is currently thinking about the great company he has built or is he planning his last days? We all need to keep things in perspective.

I, along with a great number of others, intend to continue the fight to keep our community well financed, guarded, and well maintained. That being said, we must all remember the things that seem so important today will be minimal in the real scheme of things. My friends both new and old will be there long term. Before too long the current battle will end and become a memory. We all need to remember that as we protect our community with all our resources.

I know I got a little off topic here, but I am saying what is in my heart. May you all have a great day. Ken