MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Monday, January 17, 2011

In honor of Martin Luther King

“Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”

That is from Martin Luther King and exemplifies the hope that he had for the future. I had the good fortune to visit Washington, D.C. a few years ago and stood in front of the Lincoln memorial on the spot where he gave his "I have a dream" speech. I was overcome with emotion when I remembered on television seeing the thousands of people who lined the reflection pool from the Washington monument to the Lincoln memorial. And I also was saddened in remembering when I heard the news that he had been assassinated. Today we celebrate his birthday with the hope that he embodied for the future.

Sandy Morse