Lake Re-Opening Effective 9-25-12
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING RESTRICTIONS
The most recent water testing results show a significant reduction in the level of toxicity from blue green algae in the lake. Although the current levels may still pose a potential health risk for some individuals, the Board has agreed to re-open the lake for resident usage with the following restrictions and precautionary warnings.
· Use of the lake is at your own risk.
· Do not consume or come in direct contact with the lake water. If you do come in contact with the lake water, rinse or wash those areas with clean water as soon as possible.
· Children and animals still pose a greater health risk than adults.
· Water activities are restricted to boating and fishing.
· Fishing is on a “Catch and Release” basis.
· No swimming, water skiing, tubing or use of personal watercraft (jet skis or similar types of watercraft).
· Avoid boating and fishing in areas where blue green algae is visually present. This may change from day to day but will likely occur in bays depending on weather conditions.
· Please adhere to all warnings or directions given by Lake Patrol personnel.
USE OF THE LAKE IS ALWAYS AT THE RESIDENT’S OWN RISK!! PLEASE OBSERVE AND ADHERE TO THE ABOVE WARNINGS AND RESTRICTIONS!!