MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Let’s ruffle some feathers

I will preface this by saying this is my thought only and may or may not represent the Pride Group members’ individual opinions on the subject.

Today I was listening to a Rockford radio station when a call came in. The caller asked if the new “civil union” law was only for certain situations or could it be used for a man and woman living together. The answer was the host was almost certain the civil union could be between any individuals regardless of persuasion. I am not approaching the morality issue, simply the general devaluation of the institution of marriage by our elected government.

The law was without a doubt directed at a specific group of individuals but if it is for any situation what is the point of marriage except for the religious connotation of the vows? If the law gives the same rights as marriage to unmarried folks across the board is this not undermining the value of and original intention of the act of marriage? I realize marriage is a contract but so is the civil union. When one is allowed among other things the right of health decisions for another as well as health insurance coverage through the employment of the other person in the civil union contract is it not in effect a de facto marriage without using the term?

Why should I care? I have made no secret of myself being very conservative and I really do not like seeing our elected officials toying around with the basic ideas upon which our country was founded. Heaven forbid we should eat the wrong foods against their edicts or use a non-digital T.V. but when it comes to politically correct acts they are the masters.

My opinion only….Ken Dillenburg