MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A good warning from a contributor

It’s summertime and the living is easy, but is it safe? We, the people of all ages, forget to take proper precautions. On Friday I suffered heat stroke from over doing it and not keeping hydrated. My doctor told me that I was very lucky this time but if I am foolish again there might not be a next time. We must drink plenty of water, wear sunscreen, watch what activities we are doing and how long and at what time of the day we are out. If there are any signs of problems get medical attention right away. I did exercise in a pool that water was very warm, I did not drink water before working out, I did not wear sunscreen, I had on a hat that was not vented and finally worked out in water up to my shoulders. This was a perfect storm. I basically cooked myself. When I got home I could not stop sweating, I was dizzy, nauseous, I was sore my heart was racing, and I was disorientated. What did I do? I took a cold shower, drank2 bottles of water, then sweat and went shopping. I felt terrible the whole time. I should have gone right to emergency care with my wife as my driver. I was lucky, still very weak and need to stay out of the sun and keep cool. I tell this story to prevent anyone Else of any age from getting sick. Yes, summertime the living is easy and if people take precautions fun and safe.