MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Just received our AQUA bill

This is very rough figuring due to the odd way one has to back into the proposed rate structure but it would appear the AQUA bill at our home would increase by about $3.70 this month if the proposal passes. One thing that must be remembered is we are low water users. Last month our usage was 3800 gallons. Those who water their yards or have swimming pools or a large family will get different results than just Fran and I in our home.

How did I come up with my numbers? Our current water usage of 3800 gallons times $00.013 per gallon equals $49.40. Our current sewer charge is $73.75 and using their number of a 17.9% reduction in that charge it nets down to a decrease of $13.20, or a new cost of $60.55. Add the $60.55 to the water usage of $49.40 and it totals $109.95. Our current bill was $106.25. Increase would be $3.70 (3.5%).

This is based on only one bill and it is a low usage month and a 29 day cycle. This is far from a guarantee of accuracy and is based somewhat upon assumptions. I didn’t bother with the tiny icc tax. Their estimated cost in the filing is .01 per water gallon but if you net it down I believe it is closer to .013 per gallon.

Anyone coming up with better estimates or corrections to my calculations is more than welcome to email us to correct me. I gave it my best shot for what it’s worth.

Ken Dillenburg