MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Off topic Saturday




When I was a teen finding a job was more like picking what a person wanted to do. I was hired immediately when applying to my first two part time jobs and I was far from alone. All my friends also had no problem in that area. How times have changed and therein to a great degree lies an underlying problem.
Even a part time job teaches responsibility, customer interaction, money handling (in some jobs), prioritizing, and learning to handle one’s personal finances. Currently even part time jobs are so scarce teens are fortunate to find one. Where are these young folks going to find career paths or learn necessary skills?
My second part time job was in a supermarket and as it turned out retail was my occupation for almost all my working life. I didn’t go to college so had I not learned a field I have no idea where I would have ended up. Not all kids go to college. I worry for those now in the teen years.
How do we correct this? I have no idea.  Ken