MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Monday, January 9, 2012

I called this one wrong



When the AQUA rate increase request issue started some time ago I contacted the ICC and after some discussion with them I came to the conclusion it would be pretty much like when you sell a car. You come up with an asking price and the proposed buyer (ICC) looks the car over, explains to you all the problems, and makes an offer. My impression was AQUA would provide the rate request that would be more than they actually expected to get, the ICC would look it over and tell them some of it wasn’t warranted, then grant maybe half the request. I felt the comment period was little more than smoke and mirrors. I was wrong.
The AQUA commission headed by Mary Budreau has made a lot of headway. Mary would be the first to insist this was through the hard work of all the commission members. Those folks spent a lot of time and now even the Illinois attorney general office is involved as well as some political leaders. I believe they are actually going to be able to save all of us some money. Our entire community has come together in agreement on this issue and it proves when we all work as one good things will happen.
When I am wrong I will admit it. I would have dropped the ball but others chose to push forward when I thought it was a waste of time. We should all be proud of them. The final decision from the ICC is not in of course but no one can ever say those commission members didn’t give it their all!
Ken Dillenburg