MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Electronic voting



Call me old fashioned if you wish but I have never been a fan of electronic (computer) voting. I have always felt it would be just too easy to have the votes altered considering the amount of hacking we see going on in everything from personal to business to government. Monday I read an article in DENTAL FLOSS magazine (yes, there is such a thing) that solidified my feelings on the subject.
A group of computer scientists was asked to see how difficult it would be to change votes by hacking. It was called comically simple. Using just $25.00 worth of components they could not only hack in but change votes electronically from a half mile away using a remote control.
I doubt sufficient safeguards will ever be in place to make this type voting truly secure. At least that is my take on it.

Ken Dillenburg