MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Monday, July 19, 2010

A "thank you rally"

I was sent an email indicating the more government group plans to have a rally they are indicating is a thanks for those those that helped in the effort and anyone residing in CWL is welcome. Hmmm, wonder if that means me? (kidding)

Let me play devil's advocate here. I am sure I will be emailed the answer to the following question after the event and I will pass it along if it is the case. To me the purpose of a rally of that type when including anyone in Candlewick who wants to come for the raffles, games, etc. would be to collect petition signatures. How could you attend a rally for a cause and then refuse to sign a petition for the cause they are promoting? We will see.

If I am wrong and there are no petitions there to be signed but instead it simply a social event I will apologize on this site. Good for them if it is just a nice gathering. We need more of that. If it is an underhanded way of collecting signatures it is sad.

Ken Dillenburg