MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another reason to love it here

Sure, this could happen anywhere but let me tell you a story.

Yesterday I had a very bad day. My computer crashed completely Thursday evening and Friday morning it wouldn’t even boot so I could access nothing. I took it to a computer repair shop, where for two hours they ran a scan on it and found the hard drive had fried, losing all my saved files and other information that I had foolishly not backed up.

It was not only the cost of the new computer but the amount of time it would take to get it set up and the files I had saved on a flash drive transferred into the new unit. To top it off since I was in a hurry to get the computer repaired I left without shoveling the couple inches of snow that had fallen. I dreaded facing that as well as the set-up when I returned home.

As I approached our driveway there was something odd. It was completely shoveled and even the wooden walkway to the garage side door was clean. There was no indication of who did it (although I think I found out) but this was such a kind gesture I had to report it here. It was a wonderful, unselfish act by someone not wanting thanks or recognition. We truly are a community of caring people. Kind of a Christmas story I guess.

Gratefully posted….Ken Dillenburg