MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Potpourri

A few events from the weekend.
How many of you noticed the Sheriff's bike patrol riding around. One reason for this type patrol is to be more connected with the residents. It is a lot easier to speak to a deputy riding by than to flag down a car. I appreciate their presence and if any of us have questions, comments, or concerns for the officers this is a golden opportunity to communicate. Sheriff Wirth and his force are definitely addressing concerns of some of the residents regarding visibility.
Sunday one of my sons and I were casting off our dock when we were surprised to see a DNR officer walk up behind us in the yard. He walked up on the dock and asked for our fishing licenses then called out to a boat on the lake to come to our pier for a safety and license check. I was a little surprised to see him on private property although he is a heck of a nice guy and I have no problem with it. I had not seen this happen before. I also saw him proceed to the shoreline in public areas checking licenses. Good for him.
Speaking of fishing, Sunday evening it picked up a little after a slow afternoon. My wife and I were bottom fishing from our dock. She caught a nice 14" or so bass (released), then a walleye over 18" (kept) and lost another large what I am pretty sure was a walleye from the way it ran. O.K., I have to admit all I caught was about a 15" walleye (released). They were way out, probably 150' from the frontage in about six feet of water. A nice relaxing evening in lawn chairs on the dock.
Any readers with fishing information or other positive news please send it to our email address and I will be happy to post it with your name.
Ken Dillenburg