MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Candlewick Lake – My Home

After I decided to relocate, I spent months looking for a place that I could call home. I was nearing the point where I thought I was looking for something that didn’t exist or that I would never find. And then we took that ‘long drive’ out to this place called Candlewick Lake.

As we drove around the lake we saw the beauty of the lake, people boating and fishing, the parks, trees, birds and the beautiful swans. And then we saw the recreation center, swimming pool, tennis courts and marina. I knew this was the place I had been looking for - a gated community with a private lake and great amenities. This is a place I could call home.

I have lived here almost three years. I have found friends, good neighbors, card players, people to go out with and most of all, people who care. This is a place where our roads are private and you see people walking along the roadside, kids riding their bikes, and even kids selling lemonade on a hot summer day.

The lake is special to me, whether I just walk down to the lake to enjoy the view or go boating. Sunsets on the lake are spectacular.

But now, that lifestyle is being threatened.

The incorporation movement is taking its toll. CPAC is promoting the incorporation of Candlewick Lake. In their presentations, they gave little deference to the way of life so many of us enjoy. They presented high expectations to be realized with incorporation, given these uncertain times

One faction in Candlewick Lake strives to preserve our way of life. They support a gated community, private lake, amenities, homeowners association and keeping the property owners in control of our assets. The faction which supports incorporation has stated different goals.

We know we have some problems in Candlewick Lake, but not of the magnitude that some have stated. Our public safety officers along with law enforcement work together for our community. We are also in the process of implementing positive changes such as neighborhood watch. People working together toward a common goal can make a difference in our community.

We may be reaching that point in time when we will have to make a decision that will affect not only each of us individually, but every one to some degree, and our community as a whole.

The mission statement of Candlewick Pride sums up how I feel. “We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to our property owners to accomplish that goal.”


Mary Budreau