MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Another free member benefit

One more benefit available to our association members we don't hear much about is the "morning walkers group." Monday through Friday they congregate in the gym at the rec center at 9 a.m. to start the brisk walk to keep the old heart pumping. It all ends at 10:15 with the endorphins roaring through their veins like a freight train. (O.K., I may be getting carried away now!)
Seriously and on a personal note, I intend to start this routine whenever I am able to work it into my schedule. Since retirement a year ago I can notice the weight gain and endurance drop. We all as we age need to keep the joints working as well as the cardiovascular aspect. This is another free benefit of our association and all of us that are having a sedentary lifestyle should take advantage of it. Just bring a change of shoes so we don't scratch the gym floor and join in!
Now, if I can just get them to provide cookies and pop after the walk I will be happy. (kidding)
Ken Dillenburg