MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Monday, October 25, 2010

A personal experience


Last Thursday was my first appointment with my cardiologist since my heart procedure a couple weeks ago. I was shocked by the conversation with the nurse taking my “vitals” and hooking me up to a wearable monitor. If any of you do not feel the the negative statements to the press by those believing more government is better has had an effect on our reputation outside these gates read on.

The nurse asked where I live and I told her. Her reaction was to ask if there are a lot of criminals living here. Yes, she used he word criminals. I told her every area has some problem people but Candlewick is not a bad place to live. She then said she had heard people are getting things stolen and having their houses painted on. I told her we love Candlewick and have had no problems ourselves. That was the end of it but that was enough. I felt sick.

This is not the way I want our community to be viewed. We have no intention of selling our home but what do you think this perception would do to our property value if we wished to sell? I could tell she wanted no part of Candlewick. Draw your own conclusions but this is not in any way good for the place we call home. It is embarrassing.

Ken Dillenburg