MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A civil conversation?



Just to keep you advised of the type of input we are receiving from the pro-incorporation folks, let me mention a talk I had with one of them after the board meeting Tuesday night. It gives a little insight.

Immediately after the meeting I was approached by someone who said we needed to talk. He started to explain how I was wrong and needed to get the facts, mentioning areas of Candlewick’s operation that is lacking. This quickly deteriorated into the need to incorporate at which point I told him I have nothing to discuss with anyone who is trashing our community and that I take that action very personally. That led to his using a word so profane I would never type it here or even say the word. This was still in the meeting room.

We went into the hallway where the confrontation continued now involving a couple more of the pro-inc folks. I became loud as well letting them know what I think of people I feel are trying to destroy our community. As I left the original person I was speaking with followed me to the door yelling something I could not distinguish as I walked away. The strongest word I used in the entire confrontation was the word “crap”, which I regret since that is not a very professional way to conduct a discussion.

This type contact does nothing but strengthen my resolve. Why would I mention this? I just want everyone to realize what we are currently dealing with and what you can expect from these folks as this process of confrontation progresses. Angry people do strange things.

Ken Dillenburg