MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A little more on CPAC


A couple weeks ago I wrote a post regarding the past good works of CPAC until it veered off it's original course. There is one action which I find especially disturbing in their recent actions.

I am sure most of us have had students from North Boone for example coming to our door selling items to benefit the football program in their school. I know I have donated in the past with full expectation it would be used for that specific cause. How would any of us feel if the fund drive had changed to new leaders and they decided football is just too violent and they wanted all contact sports eliminated from the school in the name of safety? To that end your donations were used to pay a retainer to a law firm in an effort to force their plan on the school. I for one would be furious. I believe you would feel the same.

CPAC over the years has received donations from individuals working toward the betterment of our association and the Candlewick lifestyle. The meeting I attended yesterday detailed CPAC's use of the donated funds for retention of attorneys it would appear to continue their goal of incorporating our community against the will of the property owners. I feel sure the majority of those who gave their own hard earned money in the form of donations thought they were aiding their association, not trying to destroy it. To me this is indefensible. If not for the incorporation issue they have been pursuing I can see no reason for that expenditure and I invite CPAC to offer information proving me wrong. As I stated here on another issue not long ago, if I am proven wrong I will apologize here publicly. The issue I brought forward before proved to be true and no apology was needed.

Nothing would make me happier than to see CPAC get back on course and help, rather than divide, our community. It can be accomplished with the right leadership and commitment. The statement has been made indicating they were asked to investigate the issue and that is true. The respondents to the Candlewick survey many months ago showed something like 19% said yes, investigate it. As I recall I was one of those who said I would like to see the pros and cons to the issue. That was not a mandate from me or others to try to force incorporation on our community. Step back, CPAC, and look at your motives. Return to your roots or I and many more will remember this action when we are asked to donate again to CPAC. Rejoin with us in trying to improve our community homeowners association.

Ken Dillenburg