MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

I thought this was cute

One of the posters on a message board sends out a weekly "internet postcard" about the week's happenings. This is something she received in reply to a postcard about breaking ties. I hope you enjoy it. The writer (who's name I deleted) is really talented. Ken

My closet is a mausoleum

I keep the old folks there

On a shelf right in the middle

Next to the silverware

My grandkids think it's creepy

To have them in the hall

But I enjoy their closeness

And Neil don’t mind at all

Lois was the first to enter

A sweet and loving soul

Her husband Roy is at her side

Togetherness my goal

My father, Eddie, then did follow

At the age of ninety-five

My mother, Alice, was the last

Dear parent to arrive

I greet the group all though the year

On every holiday

I also see them every time

I put placemats away

I always touch their boxes

In a loving way

And feel their strength and power

It helps me though the day

We tried to spread their ashes

In some far distant sites

But we couldn’t get them open

To make their wishes right

I cannot think they’re bothered

To stay until we’re ready

To take them for their spreading

Lois, Roy, Alice, and Eddie


Posted by Ken Dillenburg