MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Friday, June 25, 2010

FRIDAY MORNING THOUGHTS

I walked out onto the pier about 7:30 in the morning. The lake was pretty calm and there were three or four boats with fishermen enjoying the morning. The trees across the lake were reflecting in the water and the feeling came over me ........how could you not love this place? What a beautiful, peaceful place to raise your family or retire. Thursday afternoon my 15 year old grandson had taken our boat out using the trolling motor and caught then released a 21 1/2 inch bass. These are memories that will live on for him, memories of the wonderful place he grew up and called home.

I thought about how easy it is to think of all the wonderful things we enjoy in our secure community and to post messages here promoting our lifestyle. We have the fun job, pointing out the good and correcting what we consider less than accurate information put forth by those wanting more government and unlimited access to our community assets.

We are not the ones that are getting all the articles in the local papers. That's all right, we understand that. When is the last time you have heard of a reporter interviewing someone and writing an article because his house isn't on fire? We simply want to protect what we feel is our home, keeping our way of life. Not real exciting to write about but one heck of a great goal.

Could you imagine anyone being in the position of trying to find things they feel are wrong here just so the issue can be used to say what a bad community this is in which to live in order to promote the cause of incorporation? That has to be one of the most depressing things ever! As I said, we have the easy job.

Anyone can find fault with about any situation. I don't agree with everything my sons do but I don't start disowning them because of it. I also do not agree with all actions of the board. In those cases I speak my piece at the board meetings or send an email to the appropriate parties. If their action stands, it stands. So be it. I do not try to destroy the entire association nor should others. I truly believe there is no board member who wants to ruin our community. They are doing what they feel is best for us all, whether I agree with them or not and I try to remember that when they act.

I hope some day we can all join as one in promoting what is good and fixing what is not so good. Can you imagine what could be accomplished if all our efforts were concentrated toward a common goal? Maybe some day.

O.K., off my soapbox for now. Ken Dillenburg