MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A very personal Veteran's Day post

This one is for you, Dad.

My father served in the Philippines during WW2, during which time he learned the value and the price paid for freedom. He spoke little of his war duties but in his last years he began to tell me of some of the experiences. He had an American flag he wanted me to put in his casket upon his passing, telling me he knew I would do it.

When Dad passed a few years ago I tucked the flag next to him as he wished. The playing of TAPS always had an major effect on him so TAPS was played at his burial and his casket was flag draped. I now have that flag along with the memories of the man who never asked for or expected thanks for his service.

This is my thank you, Dad, as well as a thank you to all the veterans who served us so bravely. May you all be richly blessed for your bravery and service, those who are still with us and those up there with Dad.

With profound respect,
Ken Dillenburg