MISSION STATEMENT

Mission Statement..We will work to preserve and enhance our way of life through our homeowners association and provide information to the property owners to accomplish that goal.

Monday, November 22, 2010

The business plan



One of the Pride members brought this thought to a recent Pride board meeting and I thought it to be significant. It is a very good analogy that I will try to relate it half as well as she did.

Consider a business going to a bank in need of a loan. They go in to the loan officer and say something to the effect…..I am really not sure what the numbers will be or the effect it will have on my business and it may very well make my business less friendly and attractive plus less secure to outside bad acts but I want you to trust me and give me the loan on a hunch. Oh, and I can tell you a lot of bad things about my business right now if that will help your decision to be yes!

This is very close to what we, the property owners here in Candlewick, are being asked to do. The group that thinks more government is the answer to all problems has this gut feeling incorporation is a really good idea. Sure, there has been some poor information provided by them before and solid numbers are not possible and the state government where we hope to get funding is broke and our association is in solid financial shape, but this place is really bad according to them and they want you to vote yes to an uncertain future that many feel will be devastating to our way of life. This is the presentation you are given hoping for a yes vote to incorporation. HUH?

Good Grief! Ken Dillenburg